February 21, 2012

Tom Ford's Shade and Illuminate



Tom Ford's Shade and Illuminate made quite an uproar when it first came out just around Christmas. But eventually, the hype died down. As always, I was late on the wagon as I like to research products before I actually buy them, and especially when they aren't cheap. 


The product has a gorgeous sleek, brown and gold, luxurious looking packaging that comes in a little brown suede pouch. I have to say I was surprised the first time I held it though as it is actually plastic and feels quite light.


This is yet another contour kit, I know bummer. But what makes this one special is that it's a cream. They aren't greasy feeling and blend into the skin well. 
The brown isn't too warm which is nice. As time passes it blends into the skin more and more, making it look more like an actual shadow. 
The highlighter is a wetter and thicker consistency. It is an white color that blends in to give light without shimmer particle. I find that it actually makes your cheekbone look almost wet.  An effect I, personally, am a fan of. 



I apply the contour shade with a MAC 130, a dense, short duo fiber brush. And I usually apply the highlight with my fingers. 


I really love this kit for when I'm going out (which is usually when I contour my face). It has a good staying power. Now, this an expensive little one. I don't think it is a necessity but I do enjoy it and find it lovely. It's a gorgeous item, the kind that just makes you smile when you look at it. And the whole cream contour kit isn't very common, YET at least which is refreshing.


Have you tried it? What do you use to contour your face? 


The BeautyFull Mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment