May 18, 2011

Nails of Summer

Summer is finally here (depending on the days). Summer always puts me in a good mood. The sun, the park, the bright colors! So I am coming out of my hibernation and am starting to go out more and enjoy the weather. 
On this jovial note I am ditching my dark, warm nail polishes, and bringing out the bright fun shades! 


Sally Hansen HD nail color in Pixel Pretty: This is a nice metallic-y blue. It has a fine green shimmer going through it that gives in a nice duo chrome. It's a very mermaid-y shade. 

Orly in Gumdrop: A turquois-ish baby blue with no shimmer what so ever. Applied on the nails it actually looks a lot more turquoise that baby blue. Great opaque consistency. 

Chanel Le Vernis in Riva: This a beautiful true baby blue. It has a blue shimmer going through it that is close to impossible to detect on the nails. One of my favorites so far. The only bad thing is that it is incredibly sheer. You need about 3 coats to make sure your nail can't be seen through the color.

Chanel Le Vernis in Rose Insolent: This vibrant hot pink is to die for on the toes. I have to admit I find it a little bit too Barbie for my hands though. But it will make your feet look sophisticated without being boring.

Sally Hansen Insta Dry in Lively Lilac: A lilac with a slight white shimmer ( once again hardly noticeable). It is pinkier that your usual lilac, but still very nice. 

Orly in Rage: I am sure I don't need to say much about this oh-so-famous color! The perfect Rose Gold nail polish! 

Bourgeois So Laque in 33 Tangerine Fatal: This is the perfect coral shade. A lot more on the orange side that anything else it looks gorgeous with tanned skin. 

Another perfect summer shade ( that I don't own but am DESPERATELY lusting for) is Chanel's new Mimosa. The perfect yellow! I know yellow might seem like a big no no for some, but take the plunge, you won't regret it! It looks amazing and is one of this summer's it colors!

What are your summer nail polishes must haves?

The BeautyFull Mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment