March 14, 2011

How to- Spring Trend : CORAL

Helloo!

I'm sure you have all seen the colorfilled runways for Spring. I personally love it! A very IT color this year ( and last year too, I think) is CORAL! Now it's not necessarily the easiest color to wear for everyone! I personally quite like it because it brings out my blue eyes. 
I thought I'd give you guys a quick run threw my go to coral products and wearable ways to wear the color!

My favorites are :

 Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Coral: I have mentioned before Revlon Colorburst are my favorite lipstick. Creamy, long lasting, very pigmented. This coral is great, it's not too orange-y, not to red.

Mac Coral Crepe Paintpot: This is more of an orange-y coral but I love it none the less. I got it recently and feel like I will be using it a lot during the Spring/Summer. Great for blue eyes. 

MAC Joie-de-Vivre cremeblend: Once again a recent acquisition. I'm sorry I know a lot of these are discontinued but maybe you can find similar shades. I know Illamasqua's Rude Cremeblush is similar a little peachier though. This is more of a pinky-coral. It gives a very nice flush and lasts a decent amount of time. 

LIPS:

Excuse the akward face
Something I love to wear when the hot months are around is bright lips! I pair it with a fresh face and just a coat (or two) or mascara. It works great for day or night. To keep it casual, keep the face bear, and apply the lipstick from the tube: swipe it or dab it if you want a more toned down lip. Applying it straight from the tube will make sure it's not too perfect. 

Cheeks:

Once again, akward face!
Got to work on that
 Another way to wear Coral is on the cheeks! A nice bright blush is always an instant pick me up! I think Coral suits most skin tones, you just have to find your right shade. I like this pink-y one. I apply it on the back of the cheek and cheekbone, so I don't end up looking clownish.

Eyes:




Now, this is more of a nighttime look but I think it's a nice alternative to the usual smokey eye. I used Coral Crepe paintpot all over the lid and blended above the crease, a lot of black , smudgy liner and very voluminous lashes ( MUFE Smokey Lash). It is quite orange-y but I like the contrast with the black liner, it gives it that grunge, messy look! (Sadly it did not transfer very well on picture)

If you want a more natural alternative:

If bold lips are too much, just use a bright gloss. I like Buxom lips in Bambi. It's not too sticky and has a little tingley effect I like. The coral -pink is more natural but still very nice and brightening.


 For a more daytime, less in-your-face coral eye look this is what I do. I create very slight definition in my crease with a brown one or two shade darker than my skin tone ( I used UD's Naked). Then I apply Mac's Firecracker ( a shimmery, reddish coral) to my lid. I use no liner whatsoever and opt for a lengthening mascara that gives clean definition. 

So will you be sporting the Coral trend this Spring/Summer?

The BeautyFull Mind...

1 comment:

  1. I love this look...very subtle but trendy :)

    ReplyDelete