March 2, 2011

Favorite blushes.

I recently have discovered a certain obsession of blushes. I don't wear some everyday because I naturally blush ALOT already and don'y necessarily want to highlight it. That said, I love blushes and found that recently, I want to buy every single one I see. Not a very good thing I know. This is how my blush collection keeps on growing, for  better or for worst. 

I though I would a little look at my favorite blushes. I chose only the ones I had for a while and actually used more than 2 or 3 times so that the verdict would be fair.

From Left to Right:

 Chanel Joues Contrastes in Espiegle: I got this for Christmas and I adore it! It's a very nice true peach with gold shimmer. Its pretty sheer but builds up marvelously. It gives a really nice glow to the cheeks! 

ELF Warm Bronzer: I had this lying in my drawers for a couple of months and for some reason never actually used it. Well I'm sure happy I finally did! It's a blend of brown, highlight and pink that gives a gorgeous gold glow-y color! Great for winter when my skin is super pale and everything else makes it look muddy.

Chanel Soleil de Tan: Now, this isn't the first time I talk about this! It's a great mousse consistency. Great color. Great everything! Except the price... I have finally found a brush that doesn't shed and applies it correctly! Sonia Kashuk # 16! I highly recommend it, I seriously think I will never run out of this.

Nars Douceur blush: It's a dirty rose matte blush. I don't think anything looks more natural than this. It's rather brown-y and works great with many skin tones. That said I'm not sure it would show up too well on darker ones. 

Bourgeois Rose Coup de Foudre: Ah those famous little round pots! How much we praise them! This one is no exception! It gives a very discreet flush to the cheeks. This slight shimmer gives a lovely dewy-ness to the skins. It makes you look ( as the name says coup de foudre = love at first sight) like you are in love. This is definitely my go-to blush. It never goes wrong!

Illamasqua powder blush in Lover: A true pastel peach that turns the slighly-est pinky on the cheeks. I think this was one of my first blushes that I got last year. You only need the slightess bit because it is so damn pigmented! It's similar to Chanel' Espiegle but completly matte, a little darker and a lot more opaque. This one holds a special place in my heart. I love Illamasqua blushes and definitely want to purchase more!


Guerlain Terracotta Light in 02 Brunette: I got this about two years ago on a trip to Greece, in duty free. It's such a great bronzer! It's on the darker, more reddish side so I definitely keep this for when I'm more tanned. 

Illamasqua Cream Blush in Rude: I got this after seeing Pixi2woo's video comparing cream blushes. Boy was she right! First of all this is a great color, a kind of true coral : beau-ti-ful! I pair it under Chanel's Espiegle to intensify it and give it more staying power, I think it is my favorite blush combo! It's not too greasy and stays on forever. I swatched it last night for this post, and this morning after a shower and multiple hand washing it was still there! Once again EXTREMELY pigmented, a little goes a long way.


Onto some swatches! 


From Top to bottom, rows left to right:
ELF Warm Bronzer, Chanel Soleil de Tan, Bourgeois Rose Coup de Foudre (darker in real life), Nars Douceur (pinkier in real life), Chanel's Espiegle, Illamasqua's Lover, Guerlain Terracotta Light, Illamasqua's Rude.

What are your favorite blushes?


The BeautyFull Mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment