February 11, 2011

Winter Skin Saviors

Hello! 
  
Is it me or is this winter particularly long, cold and overall rather dreadful? With minimum one snow storm a week I think this year will be remembered for a long, long time. Thank you global freezing! 
I had to take out my whole cold weather arsenal. My beauty routine has not escaped it. 
Before I start, as a reference: my skin is from normal to oily, I don't have crazy acne but I do have a couple pimples here and there. During the winter my skin doesn't really get dry, maybe a little bit, but it still stands in the 'normal' category. What I find to be my biggest trouble, lately at least, is brightness. Maybe it's the cold, or my lack of sleep (oops) but I find my skin to be a little bit less awake and bright than before. That said body wise, my skin is extremely dry, especially my hands and legs. Year-round. 
Enough rambling now and on to my "winter skin" staples:

  
Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream: I am very picky about hand creams because my hands are so dry. I can put Vaseline or lip balm ( which I have done in some desperate case) on my hands and they would still absorb it! I slather this on in a thick layer before I go to bed and when I wake up they are hydrated and supple. Of course they don't stay that way the whole day but I need to reapply all the time with any hand cream. One of the cream's best assets is the fact that it doesn't leave a greasy feel: BONUS!


Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil: My mom uses this and got it for me as I kept complaining to her that my legs were very dry and nothing kept them moisturized for more than an hour or two. Well I found it! Thanks Mom! This moisturizes like crazy and stay that way for about 6 hours AT LEAST. Plus, it regenerates and firms the skin. All is covered! The only bad things I could find to say about this are the smell isn't the loveliest but it is by large bearable and also the price isn't the loveliest at about 23$ for 100ml it could be categorized as on the pricier side. That said, it is COMPLETELY worth it.


Planter's Crème Réparatrice: I've talked about this already. It's amazing, total HG. It protects from the weather, regenerates and hydrates like crazy. Mine is almost done so I cut the top to scoop out what's left :( The only con about this one is that it's only available in France. Why do they always have the really good skincare?


Smith's Rosebud Salve: You probably all know this already, it's a really thick, Vaseline like balm that smells like roses. I use it on my cuticles every night right before the Aveeno cream It works like a charm! I have seen a serious improvement in the state of my cuticles since doing this. Be careful though it gets very greasy! That combo requires me to sleep with my hands crossed above my duvet not to get stick to it. My mom once entered and asked if I was praying lol.


Homeoplasmine: I found this recently while going through my bathroom cabinet and remembered I had just read an article somewhere that said many makeup artist use this as lip balm. I tried it a couple nights ago and I'm completely hooked! This keeps your lips hydrated for a super long and time and makes them soo much smoother! 

Benefit's High Beam: So remember how I was saying my main winter skin problem was dullness? Well this is how I combat it ( as well as a little Rosewater spritz every morning). This pinky highlighter is great. It's quite subtle but really brightens up. It melts into the skin perfectly! I pop it on the top of my cheekbones and brow bones (sometimes), the bridge of my nose and my cupid's bow. Tadaaa. It's an instant pick me up.   


So here my Winter Skin Babies. What are yours?


The BeautyFull Mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment