December 20, 2010

Regrets! Regrets! Regrets!

Now, today I will  address a touchy subject. "Products I regret buying!" Aaaah, how many of you have bought a product because of the hype or the packaging. Sure, half the time it's a great product and you are eternally grateful of having bought this. But what about the other 50% of the time where we mentally beat our self up every time we open our makeup drawer and see this product that has only been used once or twice at most. So here is a list of the products I bought and that didn't work out for me. Keep in mind though, this is my personal opinion and these might work great for you. 

-REVLON Brow Styling Gel: I really needed a brow gel and got this on a whim at Duane Reade. This wouldn't be a bad product apart from the fact that a couple of hours after being applied, after it set, it starts to flake. Disgusting isn't it? Yes. One day , as I was at school, my friend looked at me and said there was something weird on my eyebrows. I went to the bathroom to find out that my brow gel had peeled. It had the same effect as when you  let glue dry on you hand then peal it off, except on your face. So I don't recommend this product to anyone, unless this is the look you're looking for. Which I certainly hope not. 


 -Lancome Color Fever Gloss in Fuschia: Now, don't get me wrong, overall this product is very good. The color is very opaque and the consistency is very nice. But I don't know why I bought this since I hate gloss. Plus, although the color is completely gorgeous, it is rather hard to wear and not forgiving at all. 



-CoverGirl Lipstain: I just don't find myself using this product. Ever. Plus I don't find it to have a very good staying power, for a stain at least. 


-MUFE Aqua Smoky Lash: Now before I get death sentence for bashing about this product, hear me out. This mascara is pretty good, its very black, and does your make your lashes look pretty good. But I regret buying it because it is too clumpy for my taste and its takes me soo long to apply. It gets everywhere and is very messy, I have to put it on, run through it with a clean mascara wand, and then clean up my eyelid and undereye. It just isn't worth it to me. Especially for the price it is. Granted it may be that I don't use it well, although, I mean, it's mascara, there isn't a 1000 ways to apply mascara. I just don't have that kind of time, when I get ready in the morning.



-NARS Gold Member Creamblush: I bought this after I saw it in Seventeen magazine. They said it would save time in the morning, that you could use it on your eyes, lips, and cheeks. Being the very lazy, not-a-morning-person, always late that I am, this sounded too good to be true. I ran out and bought it. I haven't used it much since. It is a bright yellow gold. It creases like nothing else on the eyes, so thats a big no-no. And why on earth would I put such a color on my lips or the apple of my cheeks. I can use this as a highlight for certain looks but it looks a bit akward. So that was 26 wasted dollars. 





 -Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner: I was so excited when I got this. The packaging is super cute, the color is very black and it is capable of making both thick and thin line. What's wrong you ask? The fact that the tip isn't supple at all, and that for this reason it is impossible, for me at least, to properly line my eyes. It is just so darn hard to use *sob sob*


So here it is, the list of my non-beloved products for you.
What are yours?
Xoxoo

The BeautyFull Mind..

No comments:

Post a Comment